Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fell off

for dinner. Ok, see, what had happened was... I wasn't prepared for today. I came home during my planning bell to make some rice real quick and ate that with some lentils for lunch, but didn't have anything else for the rest of the day but some fruit. I had some running around to do before my TNT Kick-Off tonight. By the time I got there (7:10pm), I was FAMISHED. Seriously. I figured, no matter what, they would have salad. Nope. Pizza. I'd left my fruit in the car and I was already a few minutes late (made a wrong turn), so I didn't want to go back out to the car. And I couldn't resist the smell and sight of pizza and bread. The school had pizza for the teachers today, but I didn't eat any; I ate my lentils and rice. I won the lunchtime battle against the pizza. But by dinner, the pizza won. I had two slices of veggie pizza. Papa John's, traditional crust. It was really, really, good. I enjoyed it. And I'll do an extra day of Phase I because of that, too. Two extra days, if I have to. I'ma see what the scale says in the morning, lol. But you know I tried to rationalize it in my head, right? "Monique, you haven't eaten anything in 6 hours . . . you're about to start training for a marathon, you'll take it off . . . you already got over 14,000 steps, you can eat some pizza . . . you've eaten like a bird for a week, you deserve it!" That last one is so sad to me, sometimes. Food is always my reward. No better way to reward myself than with food. And I have a rule about that, ever since starting WW. But did any of that come to mind when I reached for that pizza? Nope. Just how my stomach was about to whoop some ass up in there if I didn't eat something. I have no excuses. I thought about it long and hard before I made the decision. I chose to eat the pizza. I chose to put two slices on my plate. And though it took me about 30 minutes, I ate both slices. And as I look back on the whole experience, I realize I have no regrets.

But let's talk about something positive, shall we? When I got to the Kick-Off Celebration, I got my training shirt. First, I didn't know that you should train in non-cotton items. I'm glad I didn't go shopping first, cuz I woulda got all kinds of cotton stuff. Anyway, the shirt. I'd marked medium as my size on my registration form. When I was picking up my shirt, I asked her to hold the medium up for me and she told me I could try it on if I wanted to. So I went into the bathroom and tried it on and . . . . . . it fit!!! It's not a fluke, I really DO wear a medium top! And it wasn't tight or uncomfortable; I had plenty of room. I can't believe I wear a medium. I know I had on that medium top that one day and all the tops I get from the thrift store are mediums, but sometimes I'm still a little hesitant to just say I wear a medium.

Training for this marathon is gonna transform my body. Run/walking and cross-training and weights and Pilates, all that spells transformation. The long runs on Saturdays teach your body how to burn fat . . . wait . . . I'm reading the nutrition tips, and I don't know if FS is going to work with this. WW still will, but I need carbs for fuel to keep me going during longer workouts and after all workouts. I'm going to have to figure it out. I'm sure a lot of it will be trial and error, but I hope I don't gain any weight "figuring it out."

No comments: