Tuesday, June 06, 2006

More motivation: Racewalking

So I get up again this morning (and before the alarm went off, go me!!) and as soon as I turn the corner out of my complex, the batteries in my discman go out! Argh! So I did my whole walk just thinking, mostly about health and weight loss. I'm reading this book by Courtney Rubin called The Weight Loss Diaries. I'm almost done and it's a really good book! I can relate to SO much of what she says. Anyway, she trains for and runs a marathon. I would love to do something like that. I don't want to run a marathon, though. I don't like to run, never have. But I want to have a goal to all this walking besides just losing weight. Something to work towards. I was thinking this morning how to stay motivated through this because it is hard work. And I was also thinking of how to keep my pace/speed. And also at what point should I increase my pace? Should I keep pace or try to when I'm going up hills (these hills ain't no joke)? So many questions. My answer to myself this morning? "You're doin' good to be out here walkin', so stick to this for now." Which is fine and everything, but I'm not gonna get carried away! I have to walk six days a week regardless, so I might as well train for something. It will make my aerobic work-out better and I bet I'll stay more focused. So I'm going to look into Race Walking. If I'm not mistaken, one of the rec centers that I go to has a RW class so I'm gonna look into that. I hope it's free.

One of my reasons for this journey is that I want to accomplish something. I am setting a goal and I plan to reach it, no matter what. I'm going to work as hard as I can to attain my goal. It's been so long since I've done something like this for ME. I work hard for other people all the time. It's time I worked hard for ME. So this week is going to be all about juicing and walking. I'm still reading the juicing books. I'll have to see if I can find any on race walking. Lemme take a looksie at the library. :)

No comments: