Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm better now

Ok, after I went off the other day, I felt MUCH better! I'm back on plan and doing fine. Even getting in a little exercise. My goal is no less than 12,000 steps per day. If I do more, fine, but no less. Today I'm going to go walking and then to a Salsa class. I'm dedicated to becoming more active, but more than just walking. I mean, I love to walk, but I need something more. So I'm taking a belly dancing class (i'm in my 3rd month) and tonight I'll start Salsa lessons. I love to dance, so why not use it as exercising?? I'm looking forward to my weigh-in on Wednesday. And I can't wait to measure myself on the 18th. No matter what, I'm not giving up. I kinda feel better and I feel good about myself. I'm proud of myself for not giving up when I went on that binge. I'm happy that I continue to tell myself that I can do this. I can SEE myself getting smaller. Even if it is not very visible by August (belly dancing recital), I'll still keep going. I'm motivated beyond belief.

I made a doctor's appointment for this week. I'm gonna get my blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure, and thyroid checked. Then I'ma go back in a month and see if my levels came down just from changing my eating habits and exercising. That means I have to pay attention and make my points count for something. No more empty calories and stuff like that. More fruits and veggies. More cooking, less frozen meals. MORE EXERCISE!!!

I can do this.

I WILL do this.

Already, I feel like singing, "You can't hate me now, but I won't stop now, cuz I can't stop now, you can hate me noooooow..."

No comments: