Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Update (mini-milestone included)

Well, the holiday has come and gone. And while I didn't really do well, I didn't totally blow it, either. I only ate once on Thanksgiving, but I ate enough for 2 people. And it was GOOD!!! The day after, I went to Ponderosa (it's been TOO long since I've been there) and ate enough for about THREE people! Bad, right? I know. And I drank both nights, too. No exercise, even though I took home a video. Friday night I got sick. I thought it was from drinking, but I think I caught a virus from my great-nephews because me, my sister, and my neice were all sick. I was SO scared to get on the scale when I got back home. But I maintained! I neither gained nor lost!!! So that's why I say I didn't totally blow it. I walked for about 20mins yesterday since it was so nice out. I also took the stairs at work, TWICE! I work on the 5th floor. I always take them down, but yesterday I took them up as well both times. I'm kinda proud of that. I figure I gotta do whatever I can, y'know?

I was getting home late from work last week every day, so I didn't cook dinner ONCE! I ate ate work every day. Too much money and too many calories. I tried to keep it in check, but that's not so easy. I'm still writing down everything that goes in my mouth and I'm still entering it into FitDay.com. For the past month or so I've just been maintaining. Which I guess isn't a bad thing, but I need to get back on track with WW. I decided to transition to Core instead of the Flex plan. MAN!! Some days are ok and others are like WHOA! It's gonna be an adjustment, but it needs to be done. I'm getting so much better with portion control, but seriously, since I had to drop down in points (from 26 to 24), I find it harder to stay within my points. So I figured I'd try Core. I still keep track of my points, but I also keep track of what's Core and where I would be with WAP if I were strictly doing Core. I have no idea what I'ma cook for dinner tonight (and lunch tomorrow). I need to go to the grocery store, but I don't feel like it; not til the weekend, prolly. So I have to make do with what I have. I guess chicken is the easiest thing to make, huh? We'll see. I might make some tuna fish and call it a day.

As far as my inches, I'm still losing. OH!! How could I forget?! I went thrifting!!! I have two things I'm VERY pleased about. 1) I bought a pair of GAP drawstring pants. Kinda big in the legs, but they fit in the waist: SIZE MEDIUM!!!! WHOA!! and 2) I also got a pair of Liz Clairborne pants (and I know designer clothes run a size smaller than they really are but SO WHAT) and they are a SIZE 12!!!!!!! SIZE 12!!!!! WOOWHOOOOOO!!!!!! Now I need to invest in some new bras cuz I need some and cuz all of mine are too big, in teh cup AND in the back.

I received plenty of compliments at home and i'm going to list them quickly:

1) My sister said, "Ooh, gettin' slim-n-trim!!"
2) Her grandmother (we have different fathers) didn't recognize me and said it was because LAST time she saw me, I was LARGE.
3) My cousin said, "Are you losing weight?"
4) Her son said, "Damn, you slimmin' down? You slimmin' down!!"
5) And my best friend said I finally look like I have a butt!!!! YAY!!!! You know it's sad when fat can actually HIDE body parts.

That's all for now, more soon, I hope. As always, stay encouraged!!!

I simply said, albeit VERY cheerfully, "Thanks for noticing!"

No comments: