Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What's this all about anyway?

It dawned on me that I am going to be sharing all types of stuff in here. I realize I started this blog to document my weight-loss journey and feelings. But what I know is that my compulsive eating is driven by something deeper and I have a feeling that a lot of my mental and emotional issues coupled with my financial issues and economic background have an impact on my eating habits. So I'm going to talk about EVERYTHING up in here. And I promise, once I figure out how to explain the whole agoraphobia thing, I will. It's a panic disorder, from what I understand. And although I suffer from depression, I do have some anxiety issues, as well.

Basically, I'm learning a lot about myself. It's exciting and scary all at once. But I'll tell you what. Once I set my appointment to return to therapy and could see a light at the end of the tunnel, the compulsive eating stopped. Now I'm at the other end of the spectrum: barely eating. I forget. If I'm not damn near starving, I forget I have to eat. So I have to make an effort to eat throughout the day. Not so easy, but I'm getting used to it.

I have a really good feeling about ALL of this. I feel like I'm on my way to healing and it feels sooooo good!!!

Why am I excited about exercising today? :)

No comments: